July 7, 2006

Hap-Hap-Happy Independance Day!


[Top: Matthew and Crystal celebrating Independance Day. Bottom: 4 ID Band with Her Majesty's Royal Marine Band (Crystal is front row, second one in from the left)]
Hi Everybody!
Got to see Matthew over the 4th of July. That was awesome!! We got to spend a lot of quality time with eachother, which was much-needed. We got to go swimming, eat really good Army-style junk food, walk, talk, meet interesting people (I'll tell you about that one later--can't disclose that info over the net or I might get into trouble), do all the things that married people get to do *wink*, and my band got to perform with Her Majesty's Royal Marine Band. Nifty, eh? Give them a hand...they're British! :^) I've got a couple pics of us (my unit) with them, too! All in all, it was pretty fun. It was the best I could ask for...being deployed and all. No fireworks, but the kind of fireworks I'd get out here, I'm grateful that there weren't any.
In other news, my pal, Siceloff left to go on leave on 2 July. He won't be back until the end of the month, I guess. I'm getting a lot of reading in, at least. Without him around, I'm forced to find ways to entertain myself. I try to keep myself busy enough to stay out of trouble, but I fear that I can only keep trouble at bay for only so-long. C'est la vie, right? I hope Siceloff is having fun on leave. He promised to drink a beer for me...hope you remember that, Nathan!!!
Well, I should be on my way. Hope everyone had a safe and fun 4th of July! I know I did! :^) Take care. Keep us in your thoughts. Toodles!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home